Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Twilight Had a Genuinely Funny Moment


I saw the movie Twilight last weekend, with the help of a generous dose of RiffTrax. Vapid characters, forgettable dialogue, and excessively slick post-production aside, it was actually pretty neat when Bella went to "meet the family." It's an awkward moment for any teenager, but it's even more awkward when it goes something like, "So... Edward tells us you eat ... food and stuff. So we made you some pasta!" *Nervous laughter all around.*

Would have been even funnier if they'd ruined the pasta because none of them have cooked anything in, like, ever, but alas.

2 comments:

Katrina S. Forest said...

Yes, the movie did have its moments. Bella's dad picking up his gun and telling his daughter to bring Edward in made me giggle.

Guess that's about all I can say without jumping onto the "love it or hate it" train. I've been trying to avoid that as it leads to death by flames in most forums. ^_^

Margaret Taylor said...

Yes, and I think I've permanently ruined the Google Ads on this blog by mentioning the subject.